Real estate has always been a popular discussion… here are some interesting facts we got a kick out of!
- Can’t find the right property in your market? There’s a guy who will sell you an acre of land on the moon for less than $30
- In Scotland, when home owners pay of their mortgage, they paint their door RED.
- Brass doorknobs disinfect themselves. Several metals including brass, copper, aluminum, iron, lead an d silver are antimicrobial and they kill bacteria! Brass is the most antimicrobial of them all.
- Charles “Pretty Boy” Floyd was a Great Depression era gangster who was viewed positively by the general public. When he robbed banks he would destroy mortgage documents which freed many citizens of their debts.
- The Pentagon was originally built with extra bathrooms to accommodate racial segregation laws.
- Utah has been giving free homes to the homeless since 2005, which has cut chronic homelessness by 74%
- Warren Buffett is one of the richest men in the world and he still lives in the same house he bought in 1958. He paid $31,500 for it.
Want to discuss real estate with our team of experts?
We would love to answer ANY questions you might have – give us a call! 503-502-3330