You already know that your home may not look like the pictures in the fancy home magazines. If you’re ready to list your home, you might be wondering if you should do some home improvements or upgrades before listing. The truth is, not all changes will bring the best Return on Investment (ROI). Before you plan a big, or small, improvement project, here are the top home improvements which have been shown to bring the most “bang for your buck.”
- Yard clean-up and landscaping
- Complete home cleaning and de-cluttering
- Replacing the front door
- New siding, exterior repair and/or fresh paint
- Kitchen and/or bath upgrades. New counter tops, fixtures, cabinetry
- Deck and patio additions, outdoor kitchens
- Addition of living space; bonus rooms, extra bathrooms
First and foremost, home buyers search for properties with good bones. Ensure there is no deferred maintenance, and then consider a few updates to give your home a fresh appeal.
Want someone to come check out your home in person? Look no further – call us, 503-502-3330. We will come out and give you an in-home assessment to ensure you DO get the most bank for your buck!
Now with three locations to serve you in Portland, Wilsonville, and SW Washington.