It’s easy to tell when you need to replace your carpet or repaint the walls; you see them every day and when they look old or dingy, it’s easy to notice.
The wear and tear on your roof is a different thing. How often do you spend the time looking up at your roof and really analyzing how it looks?
If you’re like most people, the first indication you get that it’s time for a new roof is when water starts leaking into your home. Before that happens, here are some signs that your roof needs to be replaced:
• It’s old: most roofs have a 20-year warranty, if it’s older than that, consider replacing
• It shows wear and tear: peeling or bubbling paint
• Roof material/debris is evident around the home: signs it’s breaking down
• Leaks and/or water stains: check both the garage as well as your attic for evidence of leaks
• Your energy bills are rising: Unexplained increases in your utility bills could be signs of heat or cold invading your home.
If you suspect that it’s time to replace the roof, now is the time to investigate your options for replacement or repairs, before you are face much larger damage.
We can be a great resource if you need us! Give us a call at 503-502-3330 or stop by one of our three locations for a quick chat!