Because the city of Wilsonville is one of Portland’s newer suburbs, the city had a big piece of land to work with and has paid a great deal of attention to their infrastructure, especially around kids and families. Because of this, Wilsonville is an incredible place to live and visit for family fun. Here’s a list of the top 10 activities to do in Wilsonville with the family.
1. During the summer months, the Wilsonville Rotary has organized some fun FREE concerts that play in the Town Center Park, ranging from swing to folk style music. You’ll find four concerts in July and August that are fun for the whole family. For more info visit http://www.wilsonvilleconcerts.com/bands/.
2. The story time at the Wilsonville Library is incredible! The staff puts an amazing amount of effort into acting out popular kids book along with creating songs and dances for the kids to participate in. They have various times for different aged children 5 and under, check out their website at http://www.wilsonville.lib.or.us/168/Storytime.
3. Memorial Park: From the paved doughnut shaped loop around the park for riding bikes and scooters to the public dock that can be used to swim and sun bathe in the summer, this park is large with several baseball and soccer fields and has it all. The city has also recently invested in new pickle ball courts that have lights to allow play late into the evening. This is a great park to take the kids when they need room to run.
4. The Villebois Farmers Market runs from May through September and is open Thursdays from 4pm-8pm. There’s always a live musician, sponsored by Beltran Property Group, playing popular songs and attracts around 40-50 booths along with 4-5 food trucks. It’s a great time for the whole family and is centered around Sofia Park in Villebois.
5. Memorial Dog park: On the east side of Memorial Park you’ll find a fantastic dog park with separate areas for large and small dogs. There’s a water source to keep the dogs hydrated along with a shaded picnic table area to rest while your dog gets all their energy out.
6. Memorial Disc Golf Course: For lovers of disc golf, the city has recently installed a fantastic 9 hole disc golf course. This is a great place to learn to play disc golf or the experienced player. The best part is this resource is free to use and a great place to take the young ones to teach them how to play.
7. Movies in the Park are fun family events to experience drive-in-movie style outdoor viewing of popular children’s movies. The four shows throughout July and August are projected on an inflatable big screen and start at dusk at Memorial Park. For more info check out
8. As a parent of three kids, I have not found a better play structure in the suburbs of Portland than Murase Plaza Park. It has been newly built by the city and has structures for toddlers and older children. This is a great place to take the family for fun entertainment and getting the wiggles out.
9. Graham Oaks Nature Park: If you’re feeling like you need a break from the hustle and bustle, the paved trails going through this park are great for family walks or bike rides. Located just south of Villebois, these trails provide easy access to great views and quiet place to enjoy the great outdoors.
10. Not only does Wilsonville have an incredible splash pad they’ve created in the heart of town, but they have two! Both are within walking distance of each other or a quick car ride to enjoy them both on a hot afternoon.