Small spaces can be a decorating challenge. If you are down-sizing from a larger home, it can feel especially difficult to find ways to adjust to the smaller environment. But small doesn’t need to mean cramped. Here are 5 great ways to maximize your small space and create a room you love.
1. Use Multi-purpose Pieces: sofa beds or murphy beds, ottomans with storage and bookshelves are great furniture choices
2. Down-size the furniture too: use furniture tailored to smaller spaces
3. Use Mirrors and Lights: a bright room will always feel larger
4. Monotone: Use a simple lighter colored palate and subtle tones to add interest without distracting the eye
5. De-Clutter: remove extra items which only make the room seem cramped From urban lofts to retirement communities, there are many reasons to seek out a smaller living space. By utilizing a few simple design tips, your small space can provide years of living enjoyment.
Give us a call if you’d like to take a look at our inventory, or have any questions at all about real estate! We’d love to chat! 503-502-3330
Not a phone person? Click HERE to check out our inventory online!
Three locations to serve you in Portland, Wilsonville, and SW Washington.