Real estate offers a solid investment opportunity which can provide not only an income stream but long term value appreciation as well. Regardless of the ups and downs of the market, people will always need housing, so real estate will remain a good way to create wealth. By understanding some of the basics of real estate investing, you can begin to create your own plan.
Here are 5 tips for first time real estate investors.
1. Use Leverage – . Learn about options other than your own savings for these costs.
2. Budget for the Unexpected – Have a fund available to draw on for the unexpected. Even the most carefully planned project can have unexpected costs.
3. Invest for the Long Term – Real estate investing should not be viewed as a “get rich quick” scheme.
4. Don’t Over Extend – After evaluating the risk, be honest about your ability to handle the negative possibilities the opportunity could present.
5. Be Patient – Wait for the right opportunity. Real estate offers solid investment opportunities.
A first time investor can realize profit and positive cash flow with careful planning and research.
Sound like something you’d like to consider? Call us! We’re here for you! 503-502-3330.
Phone not your thing? Stop by one of our three locations to say hello! Click HERE for directions!