Many sellers tell us they don’t want to sell during the holidays because of the hassle and the scheduling. What they don’t know is this might be the second best time of the year to sell!
Here are some reasons the holidays may just be the best time to sell.
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers! In Oregon, the holidays are not a time to just go out and look at homes for sport like people do during warm, lazy Summer days.
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you! Supply and demand is on the seller’s side even in a buyer’s market, so imagine how much better it is in when you have a Sellers market during the holidays.
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! The majority of sellers say they will list in January which means they will be competing with more homes. Less demand means less money for you!
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays! In the 8+ months of consistent rain, this is a beautiful time to have your home seen. Especially if you decorate for the season!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price! You know those car commercials with the big red bow in the driveway? That actually happens more than you think. There is just a slightly different mindset during the holidays that resembles vacation mindset where people aren’t as tight with their money and willing to stretch.
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week! Schedules get more flexible during that time.
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons! Procrastinators unite!
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture those particular buyers!
9. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays! We have options to have the showings fit your schedule.
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year! The benefit of a low supply is that you can ask for more. Many buyers need to secure the home and are willing to wait to occupy it.
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the early next year, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low, which is always the plan.
12. An excuse to get out of ANY party you might be trying to avoid this upcoming holiday season!